Indigo Bay Island Resort and Spa is the archetypical tropical island paradise surrounded by palm trees, white sand and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Located on Bazaruto Island off the coast of Mozambique, this idyllic island resort is the perfect base from which to experience some of the world's best diving and fishing, indulge in an array of water sports, or simply relax in luxury chalets.
Indigo Bay Island Resort and Spa offers world-class luxury and facilities, its elegant yet natural design perfectly complimenting the beauty of its tropical location overlooking Indigo Bay on Bazaruto Island. The guest areas, as well as the luxury Beach Chalets and Bay View Villas, have been constructed of natural materials like reed, soft-fringed thatch and wood in order to blend harmoniously with the natural surroundings. Each chalet and villa offers complete luxury, with air-conditioning, mosquito screens, sumptuous en-suite bathrooms, mini-bars, 24-hour power, satellite TV and telephone access. A choice of separate, inter-leading and shared veranda chalets and villas are available.
There are 18 king size extra length chalets and 11 twin chalets all with dressing room area, verandahs, open plan living area, mosquito screens and central air-conditioning. All chalets are complete with en-suite bathroom, separate indoor shower and recessed sea-facing oval bath, and outdoor shower.
Each Bay View Villa has two bedrooms (king and twin), feature an outdoor dining area, separate lounge, outdoor shower, and private plunge pool. They are spacious and modern in design, and are perfect for a romantic getaway or a family break.
The Honeymoon Chalet is only 20m from the beach and secluded from the rest of the chalets. The chalet is complete with en-suite bathroom, dressing room area, plus a lounge area and splash pool.
The Matemo Suite offers a queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, lounge, verandah and private plunge pool.
The Presidential Villa comes with all the interior luxuries of a 5-star suite. In addition to the normal facilities it also has a spa bath and swimming pool, 1 King bedroom and 1 twin bedroom, 2 bathrooms both with separate bath & shower, lounge, guest toilet & bar, PVR and full satellite TV.
- Air-conditioned conference facilities to accommodate up to 60 delegates
- Salt-water Swimming Pool and Wet Pool Bar: ‘The Tartaruga’
- Activities Centre, for diving/fishing etc. bookings/equipment
- Children’s Leisure Centre (‘Indi Kidz Club’)
- Boutique/Curio Shop
- A Fitness Centre offering advanced gym equipment (2 bikes, 2 treadmills, 1 stepper, 1 walker, circuit equipment, free weights)
- A Wellness Spa, which has been rated in the ‘Best 101 Spas of the World’ by a well-known travel publication
- Business Centre with wireless internet connection (free-of-charge) – signal in main restaurant, bar and lounge area
- Basic Medical Clinic
The activity centre is the base for a host of Mozambique island-based activities, such as diving, fishing, snorkeling and water-skiing. A dive-training pool is available for guests wanting to hone their diving skills or take up one of several dive courses on offer. Those simply wanting to relax can laze around the beautiful swimming pools, drink cocktails (ask for a caiparinha!) at the wet bar, or while away time at the beach snack bar. And for ultimate hedonism, the ultra-luxurious Sanctuary Spa offers a range of pampering treatments to revitalize the weariest of souls.
- Sport Fishing (many varieties of game fish, black marlin and sailfish)
- Snorkeling & Scuba diving - PADI accredited Dive instructor (featuring a variety of sites around the Bazaruto Archipelago)
- Water skiing/Knee and Wake boarding
- Complimentary non-motorised water sports including kayaks, wind surfers and a hobiecat< - Sunset cruises, excursions to Paradise Island and romantic, traditional Dhow excursions - Whale & Dolphin Watching (seasonal August – November) - >Horse riding
- Cultural drives
- Dune boarding on the sand dunes
- Bird watching
- 2 Tennis courts
- Quolf course; An innovation in recreational golf suitable for all ages and family entertainment
Spectacular restaurants specialising in seafood, and characterful bars with original walls dating back to the early Portuguese traders, provide the focus of Indigo Bay's living areas.
Private beach dinners for couples celebrating special occasions